To defend yourself effectively you need to be skilled in all aspects of fighting—striking and grappling while standing, and while on the ground. Mixed Martial Arts or MMA teaches all of these things. What gives the term its meaning is what component parts go into its make-up.
In Advance MMA we combine the best techniques from a variety of different martial arts to form the most effective self defence system possible.
The predominate components of our MMA classes are actually the three other major styles we teach—Muay Thai, Wrestling, and BJJ:
- Muay Thai skills for striking and defence against strikes on our feet
- Wrestling to take our opponent down or defend their takedowns
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) to finish the fight on the ground or defend against more strikes
We use the most fundamental and highly effective techniques of these three styles in our MMA training. Whilst those separate classes have more scope to go into greater depth in parts, putting them all together is an art unto itself.
If you want all round martial arts skills to defend yourself at each of these different ranges, we highly recommend you train in as many of the other classes as you can, then bring it all together with MMA!
MMA Beginner & Open Classes are held 2 evenings a week:
- Tuesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
What you need to bring:
- Comfortable clothes you don’t mind training and getting sweaty in
- A towel
- A waterbottle
- A mouth guard
- Hand wraps (for under your gloves)
- Boxing gloves (training 14 oz, 16 oz options)
You can view the full Advance Martial Arts timetable here!
Get in touch to claim your “Free trial week” giving you unlimited access to all the classes Advance Martial Arts has on offer for an entire week!